Peggy Ziglin’s Top 10 Tips for Outlet Shopping
Outlet shopping can sometimes be a challenge (in a good way). There are so many stores to visit, so many racks of clothes to look through, shoes to try on, books to read, electronics to play with – you get where I’m going, right? There’s a lot to see and do when Outlet shopping is on your day’s agenda. To make the most out of your outlet shopping adventure we interviewed Peggy Ziglin, Regional Public Relations & Tourism Director for Outlets of Colorado (Castle Rock, Loveland, and Silverthorne). She gave us the following top 10 tips.
We tested “Peggy’s top 10 tips” and we are proud to report, they work.
- Look before You Leave Home: Check out which stores are available online at your favorite Outlet shopping destination or pick up a brochure on your next visit. To see what stores are available at the Outlets of Colorado, click here.
- Make your Store List: Determine which store(s) are of interest to you for your shopping journey.
- Map it out: Once you know the stores you want to see, map them out. Put the stores logistically in sequence. This way you know your path of travel and you are making the most of your shopping day.
- Determine your budget. She had to say it. Know your budget and do everything in your power to stick with it.
- Time Matters: You can show up at 9:00 am but many stores don’t open until 10:00 am. To find out what time the Outlets of Colorado (Castle Rock, Loveland, and Silverthorne) open, click here.
- Best Days to Shop: Most people shop on Saturday, but Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday’s are the best days to shop. Centers are historically slower on these days. You won’t have to fight the crowds and parking will be better.
- Exercising, Done: It’s nice to multi-task. Next time you go shopping don’t park in the first spot you see (closest to the coffee shop…that is what we did). Instead park in the outer parking lots and walk. You’ll be doing two things at once! Exercising, which will be good for your heart and your waistline, and shopping, which is good for your soul.
- Dress Wisely: Fashion doesn’t have to hurt when outlet shopping. Wear layered clothing and comfortable shoes. For the diehard shopper, bring a power treat and water bottle, for everyone else, just plan on stopping for lunch and/or a snack when hungry.
- Customer Service is your Friend: Before you start your day of shopping, stop by the customer service center. They have updates on specials, discounts, and have a savings card which is FREE and offers you great discounts many people don’t know about.
- Savings Card: Get one (see last bullet point). Study what each specific store offers and highlight the stores you plan to visit. You’ll be surprised how much money you can save when you use your Outlets of Colorado Savings’ Card. To learn more about it, click here.
Entry filed under: General Shopping Message, Smart Shoppers, You're Not Going to Believe This!. Tags: best advise on shopping, colorado shopping, Discount Shopping, outlet shopping, Outlets at Castle Rock, Outlets at Loveland, Outlets at Silverthorne, Peggy Ziglin, tips on shopping, Value Shopping.